Regular Membership Fees
The Repak fee structure for regular members is based on a system of shared responsibility. There are five stages on the shared responsibility chain:
- Materials Manufacturer – makes and/or imports material to be made into packaging.
- Converter – makes and/or imports (empty) packaging.
- Distributor – is the first to transport the packaged product in Republic of Ireland.
- Brandholder/Importer – applies packaging, owns the brand and/or imports packaged products.
- Retailer – the final stage at which the customer removes packaging for disposal. You are the retailer for the packaging removed by your customer.
This structure allows for 5 different parties to pay a portion or a number of portions of the fee, depending on what stages they carry out.
Fees are charged on a ‘pay as you produce’ basis, and different fees apply to individual material types – reflecting the cost of recovery and recycling of those materials.
Fees per tonne of each material type and for each stage of the shared responsibility chain are as follows:
Prices quoted ex-VAT. All fees subject to VAT at standard rate. The minimum fee is €980 + VAT
A major producer who joins Repak as a regular member may be required to pay for previous years if they had obligations under the legislation.
Exemption from back fees will be given if the producer can provide documented evidence of either:
(a) Self-compliance with a local authority for relevant years or
(b) Non-obligation for the relevant years i.e. below the tonnage or income thresholds set out in the legislation.