The Green Dot
What is the Green Dot?
The Green Dot is an internationally registered trademark which indicates that the company using this symbol on their packaging has contributed financially towards the recovery and recycling of used packaging to the registered licence holder in that country.
Repak are the registered licensor for Green Dot® in the Republic of Ireland
Who has to pay for use of the Green Dot?
Any company or business who
- is branding their own product and marking the Green Dot on their packaging
- is importing packaged products which are marked with the Green Dot.
- has another company apply the Green Dot on their behalf
Repak offer its members licence to use of the Green Dot as part of their overall compliance/membership fee. (See Repak membership fees for charges relating to full Repak membership).
In addition Repak can licence non Repak members to use the |Green Dot in the Republic of Ireland.
Who can apply for a Green Dotlicence?
A company who is
- registered in the Republic of Ireland and is compliant with the Irish Packaging Regulations A copy of Certificate of Compliance from Local Authority must be provided along with application form
- registered in the Republic of Ireland and is not obligated under the Irish Packaging Regulations. A declaration (auditors) stating not obligated under Irish Packaging Regulations must be provided along with application form
Repak Green Dot Licence Fees
Repak operate a separate fee structure to licence the Green Dot to companies who are compliant with the Irish Packaging Regulations (i.e. not obligated or fully registered for self compliance with their Local Authority) and who mark the Green Dot on their packaging.
The fee for a Green Dot licence is based on a cost per kilogram, per material type of packaging marked with the Green Dot® and placed on the Irish market. (See Green Dot Licence Application Form for current year’s fees). The fees are charges against packaging supplied in Ireland in the previous year. Only packaging marked with the Green Dot and placed on the market in the Republic of Ireland will be subject to Green Dotlicence fees.
All Green Dotlicencees must reapply annually by February 15th to Repak to mark the Green Dot on packaging supplied in the Republic of Ireland.
Repak reserve the right to audit any company to confirm their declaration of packaging marked with the Green Dot and supplied onto the Irish Market.
Green Dot licencees will receive a specification for the correct use of the Green Dot on their product upon registration.
Repak are the registered licence holder for Green Dot in the Republic of Ireland